The following are questions posed by Lori Carlson (The Rattling Bones) as part of an award she gave me. Thought I’d answer them – especially since I recently posted on writing a fictional autobiography.
1. Who is your favorite character in a book and why?
That is such a tough question. I guess Sherlock Holmes as I am fascinated with mystery, and Jeremy Brett was such an exceptional Sherlock he made me go back to the original stories.
2. If money was no object, where would you like to visit and why?
Patagonia. This has been the place ever since I learned about it’s existence as a child. The attraction: no one lived there. My nephew and his wife spent time in the area on their way to Antarctica. I lived my dream through their words and photographs. Why Patagonia still – apparently there are several fantastic spas among the uninhabited wilds.
3. Your favorite aunt or uncle died and left you a million dollars. What would you do with the money?
Bank it and live on the interest? Not the right answer any more! Actually, I’d set up a fund (and seek other donors) to provide money for folks with chronic illnesses who have expenses they can not pay from the utility bill to college for their child(ren); treatments they can’t afford including travel accommodations for friends/family ; perks/luxuries/travel out of their reach due to cost, time, family, responsibilities, illnesses. If illness is a factor, arrange to provide all the necessary elements to make this happen.
4. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Premium, expensive dark chocolates with gooey caramel insides.
5. What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or non)?
Hard pear cider.
6. What is your worst habit?
Answering questions (couldn’t resist). Not allowing the past to be in the past tense.
7. Who was your first crush?
I honestly can’t remember. But, I did fall in love with my husband at first sight.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you eat?
Groucho Marx. Deep fried zucchini with sour cream on the side.
9. Who is your favorite “good” guy? this could be from a comic book, a novel, a movie, or tv show.
Dudley Do-Right (see answer below). Dr. Who — especially when played by David Tenant.
10. Who is your favorite villain? this could be from a comic book, a novel, a movie, or tv show.
Boris and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle followed closely by Snidely Whiplash.
11. What is the single most important thing in your life?
When I learned to read Dick and Jane. It opened a world that has yet to shut it’s windows on my fingers.
Here’s some questions for you. Answer at your own risk and at your leisure. I dare you! Post any links in comments.
1. When was the last time you sang out loud?
2. When was the last time you cried in public?
3. What is your favourite animated movie?
4. Why do you write?
5. Reading what book/story was a life altering event?
6. If you could have anything for a pet/companion, what would you choose. Why?
7. What music/band/singer do you most identify with?
8. In a trip around the world, who would your companions be?
9. Any desire to be a space tourist?
10. Do you like answering personal questions. Why or why not?